MEROPA Means Worldwide Reliability
As industry expands rapidly throughout the world, the need to keep equipment running reliably increases.
Being able to count on one brand of industrial oils for all your lubrication needs anywhere in the world can have a direct effect on your bottom line through increased production and costs savings.
That’s why there’s Chevron MEROPA — a standard in reliability around the world.
It is the gear lubricant you can depend on for consistency and exceptional performance, whether you have a single facility or a multinational operation.
MEROPA gear lubricants are specifically designed to meet the demanding requirements of today’s production facilities, large and small. In stringent industrial field tests, MEROPA gear lubricants have been shown to reduce operating temperatures, power consumption, energy requirements, and failure rates in even the most severe operating environments.
With MEROPA, you can benefit from longer equipment life, less maintenance and downtime — the keys to staying competitive in today’s global economy.
The Same Consistent Performance
With Chevron MEROPA gear lubricants you are assured of consistent, reliable performance to help maintain your equipment in peak operating conditions, wherever the location. Special additives not only improve extreme pressure and anti-wear properties, but also offer:
High Thermal Stability to maintain clean gear and bearing surfaces, minimize deposits that interfere with effective lubrication, and reduce the formation of oxidation byproducts that can be corrosive to bearing materials.
High Oxidation Stability to limit in-service viscosity increases that lead to energy loss. This same exceptional oxidation stability prevents oil mist deposits and minimizes stray mist when used in misting systems.
Excellent Foam Control to protect gear teeth in small reservoir systems through use of a unique low-foam additive. Foam will also dissipate readily under extreme conditions, such as violent agitation in the gear case.
Superior Demulsibility to prevent sludge formation and assure rapid water separation and removal, especially in circulating systems.
The unique combination of additives in MEROPA have been shown to offer the additional benefits of:
- Retention of Extreme Pressure Properties
- Contaminant Resistance
- Micro-Pitting Protection
- Extended Equipment Life
- Long-Term Rust and Corrosion Protection
- Excellent Filtration Properties
- Exceptional Load Carrying Capabilities
- Seal Compatibility
Meets The Requirements Of Today’s Equipment
MEROPA gear lubricants are premium quality, high-performance, multipurpose gear lubricants. They have been designed for a wide variety of industrial equipment, especially in applications where overloading, wet conditions and high operating temperatures are the everyday norm.
Typical applications include:
- Industrial enclosed gear systems, chain drives, sprockets, plain and anti-friction bearings, slide guides, flexible couplings, and wherever an AGMA extreme pressure lubricant is specified.
- Enclosed gear drives and speed reducers, ranging from fractional kilowatt gear motors to large, high-power units on metal rolling mills, cement mills, and mine hoists.
- Industrial hypoid-type gears and in transmission gear cases and worm-drive axles on automotive, construction and mining equipment.
- Mist-oil applications used in a wide variety of fields such as steel, aluminum, chemical, paper machine lubrication, machine tooling and material handling.